Sunday, August 1, 2010

“Sometimes” Why I Write

“Sometimes” (posted under topic street poets vs academic poets at OP)


From me to all of you, dear friends

Sometimes I like to rhyme….

I always try to express…
What I feel in my life…

Heart, body & soul, is best…
Or events in my daily plight…


Things I have seen today…
The reasons I write, could go on and on…
But the important things I wish to say…
I always express true feelings, no con…


What I say might make you laugh, cry or sigh…
If they did then I succeeded…
Once more without a fight…
To bring forth all that is needed…


Sometimes I like not to rhyme….

What came from me into the words…
Does not always have to rhyme…
To show how much I love…

Putting pen to paper each day…

So I do not need big fancy words contemplated…
To get my feelings out into the light…
Maybe a mystical magic array of dreams…

Fairy tales of lovers spirits soaring…

My joy in writing poetry…
Oops I let slip a fancy word above…
I can express as well to my friends…

With my eye pressed to the lens of my camera…

Seeking natures beauty has no ends of glory…
The love for each fills my heart with bliss…
To share both equally with my friends…

The rest is just fatter for the birds…

Cause I am but a simple country girl…
From the mountains of Tennessee…
A loving heart for all my friends, gives me such a thrill…
Can’t you see, it’s all just poetry…


loves ya all bunches
asha


Written by
Asha
July 30, 2010
©

No comments:

Post a Comment